IEAH Stables and WinStar Farm's Court Vision, who lost to Gio Ponti by a nose in the July 19 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT), turned the tables on his rival Oct. 4 in the $250,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT), as the son of Gulch edged in front in mid-stretch and went on win by a three parts of a length on the Belmont turf.
If trainer Todd Pletcher doesn't manage to win a spring 3-year-old Classic this year, it won't be for lack of trying. On the day he saddled Circular Quay for a convincing victory in the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), he was also taking the $200,000 Gotham (gr. III) with Cowtown Cat at Aqueduct Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight