Unleashing a sustained rally entering the far turn, Kasaqui (ARG) carried that momentum to the finish to post a 2 3/4-length victory in the $200,000 Wise Dan Stakes (G2T) June 17 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner