Primarily, the 2000 Canadian Broodmare of the Year, died March 30 in a field from injuries sustained in a fall at Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
La Gueriere, a grade I winner who produced multiple graded winner Lasting Approval, brought the top price of $610,000 during Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm dispersal Saturday.
Two men and a partnership each bought a part of the 416-acre nucleus that was Diane Perkins' Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., on Friday. The total price of the three parcels was $1,167,566.
The 416-acre nucleus of Wimborne Farm, near Paris, Ky., sold in three separate tracts for $1,167,566 in an absolute auction conducted Friday by Tom Biederman.
Buyers interested in Diane Perkins Wimborne Farm dispersal can get an early look of the consignment on Starquine.com.
Central Kentucky horsewoman Diane Perkins, who raced such top performers as Lord At War and La Gueriere, will be dispersing her breeding stock by auction July 13 at her Wimborne Farm near Paris, Ky
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali