Hilary J. Boone Jr., a successful breeder/owner, died in his sleep at his Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
- By Dan Liebman
By Dan Liebman - There has been a great deal of emotion lately at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington--first with Barbaro, and now with both Barbaro and Bernardini.
Bluewater Sales announced Sept. 8 that Brian O'Rourke will serve as farm manager immediately following the Keeneland September yearling sale that begins Sept. 13.
Lion Cavern, winner of the True North Handicap (gr. II) and a group III winner in Europe, died in Greece following a bout of colic, according to the Racing Post.
Wingsea, the dam of millionaire Polar Expedition was sold Wednesday to Dede McGehee for $2,000 in a public auction in Fayette County (Lexington, Ky.) Circuit Court.
The dam of millionaire Polar Expedition, Wingsea, will be auctioned at Fayette County Circuit Court on June 19 to settle her owners' debt to Hilary J. Boone's Wimbledon Farm.
The first foal by European champion Dubai Millennium arrived Jan. 13 at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington.
Twining, who previously stood at Hilary Boone Jr.'s Wimbledon Farm near Lexington, will be returning to the Central Kentucky nursery in 2002. He stood the past two seasons at East Stud on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, and will remain the property of East Stud.
Expelled (Explodent -- Social Lesson, by Forum) will be relocated from Kentucky to stand the 2002 breeding season at Albemarle Farm near Free Union, Va. He will stand for $5,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Pletcher Duo Stands Out in Poseidon Handicap