Joseph Shields Jr.'s House Party won the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) in dramatic track record-equaling fashion at Delaware Park Saturday.
The Maryland Jockey Club and the South Atlantic Amateur Boxing Association have entered an agreement to bring boxing to Laurel Park on Feb. 15.
William P. Beatson Jr.'s front-running favorite Wilzada repulsed a mild challenge from Blinded By Love and drew off in the lane to win Aqueduct's $81,850 Interborough Handicap by five lengths.
Eleven months after William Beatson Jr.'s Wilzada debuted impressively in an Aqueduct maiden special weight, the daughter of Meadowlake returns as the horse to beat in Wednesday's $75,000-added Interborough.
Two-time stakes winner For Rubies is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico.
- By Steve Haskin
So, who's going to set the pace in Saturday's $500,000 Suburban Handicap? With only five horses expected to be entered, it appears obvious that someone is going to have to deviate from his normal running style to prevent all five horses from running head and head most of the way.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives