Joseph Shields Jr.'s House Party won the $200,000 Endine Handicap (gr. III) in dramatic track record-equaling fashion at Delaware Park Saturday.
The Maryland Jockey Club and the South Atlantic Amateur Boxing Association have entered an agreement to bring boxing to Laurel Park on Feb. 15.
William P. Beatson Jr.'s front-running favorite Wilzada repulsed a mild challenge from Blinded By Love and drew off in the lane to win Aqueduct's $81,850 Interborough Handicap by five lengths.
Eleven months after William Beatson Jr.'s Wilzada debuted impressively in an Aqueduct maiden special weight, the daughter of Meadowlake returns as the horse to beat in Wednesday's $75,000-added Interborough.
Two-time stakes winner For Rubies is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico.
- By Steve Haskin
So, who's going to set the pace in Saturday's $500,000 Suburban Handicap? With only five horses expected to be entered, it appears obvious that someone is going to have to deviate from his normal running style to prevent all five horses from running head and head most of the way.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown