If Will Take Charge hadn't secured an Eclipse Award as the nation's top 3-year-old already, his determined head victory over multiple grade I winner Game On Dude in the Clark Handicap (gr. I) Nov. 29 certainly wrapped it up.
Willis D. Horton's Will Take Charge has long been referred to as a horse who makes one powerful run, and on Sept. 21 that run landed him in the Parx Racing winner's circle with a victory in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas plans a three-horse attack on Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Orb in the May 18 Preakness Stakes (gr. I). His trio of Oxbow, Titletown Five, and Will Take Charge arrive at Pimlico May 14.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas is holding the hottest hand of 3-year-olds he's had in a while, and that talent showed March 16 when stablemates Will Take Charge and Oxbow finished 1-2 in the $600,000 Rebel Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds