U.S.-trained Rawnaq held off two Irish invaders to win a thrilling edition of the $200,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) May 14 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
For Demonstrative to nail down his third Calvin Houghland Iroquois Hurdle Stakes May 14, the 2014 champion steeplechaser will have to beat a pair of stakes winners from the barn of Ireland's champion steeplechase trainer Willie Mullins.
The Irish Turf Club honored Galway Racecourse manager John Moloney Jan. 9 for his contributions to Irish racing during the annual Moyglare Dinner at the K Club in County Kildare.
Coneygree became the first novice chaser in more than four decades to win the coveted Cheltenham Gold Cup and did so in a smashing front-running tour de force March 13.
Unbeaten Faugheen ran his record to nine wins when leading in an unprecedented 1-2-3 finish for trainer Willie Mullins in the Stan James Champion Hurdle March 10 at the Cheltenham Festival.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival