The Irish Turf Club honored Galway Racecourse manager John Moloney Jan. 9 for his contributions to Irish racing during the annual Moyglare Dinner at the K Club in County Kildare.
Coneygree became the first novice chaser in more than four decades to win the coveted Cheltenham Gold Cup and did so in a smashing front-running tour de force March 13.
Unbeaten Faugheen ran his record to nine wins when leading in an unprecedented 1-2-3 finish for trainer Willie Mullins in the Stan James Champion Hurdle March 10 at the Cheltenham Festival.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Papa John's Again Partners With TAA