A slow start only hampered Wicklow Brave for a moment Sept. 11 at the Curragh in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St. Leger (Ire-I).
U.S.-trained Rawnaq held off two Irish invaders to win a thrilling edition of the $200,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) May 14 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
For Demonstrative to nail down his third Calvin Houghland Iroquois Hurdle Stakes May 14, the 2014 champion steeplechaser will have to beat a pair of stakes winners from the barn of Ireland's champion steeplechase trainer Willie Mullins.
The Irish Turf Club honored Galway Racecourse manager John Moloney Jan. 9 for his contributions to Irish racing during the annual Moyglare Dinner at the K Club in County Kildare.
Coneygree became the first novice chaser in more than four decades to win the coveted Cheltenham Gold Cup and did so in a smashing front-running tour de force March 13.
Unbeaten Faugheen ran his record to nine wins when leading in an unprecedented 1-2-3 finish for trainer Willie Mullins in the Stan James Champion Hurdle March 10 at the Cheltenham Festival.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test