Coneygree became the first novice chaser in more than four decades to win the coveted Cheltenham Gold Cup and did so in a smashing front-running tour de force March 13.
Unbeaten Faugheen ran his record to nine wins when leading in an unprecedented 1-2-3 finish for trainer Willie Mullins in the Stan James Champion Hurdle March 10 at the Cheltenham Festival.
Sea The Stars, whose six group I victories in 2009 dominated European racing, was a unanimous selection as Ireland's Horse of the Year and followed his previous award as Cartier Horse of the Year for all of Europe.
Most Popular Stories
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup
- Killin Me Smalls Takes BC Premier's Handicap
- Touching Promise Dances to Ballerina Victory
- Peru-Based Salama to Longines Distaff