The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club has announced its 2010 officers and directors.
The Jockey Club announced Sept. 4 the election of four new members: Dr. Rick Arthur, B. Wayne Hughes, Warren "Spud" Williamson and Peter Willmott.
Warren Williamson was voted owner of the year, and his racemare Nashoba's Key was chosen horse of the year, in the Thoroughbred of California's annual owner awards selection.
Warren B. Williamson and Robert W. Zamarripa Sr. have accepted invitations to join the Oak Tree Racing Association's Board of Directors.Oak Tree President Dr. Jack K. Robbins announced their appointments Aug. 29.
The starting gate will always be a dangerous place, but thanks to Bob Duncan and Roy Williamson, it looks a little safer going into the meet's final week.
Following hot in the footsteps of last week's record result for a breeze-up 2-year-old, in Perth, Australia, Gray Williamson of Mungrup Stud in Western Australia paid a Perth sale record A$125,000 (U.S.$91,000) for a colt by Australia's highest priced stallion Encosta de Lago (Fairy King-Shoal Creek) at the Magic Millions Horses-In-Training Sale at Belmont Park racecourse.
Champion Orientate's first foal, a colt, was born Jan.14 at Garland Williamson's farm in Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team