The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club has announced its 2010 officers and directors.
The Jockey Club announced Sept. 4 the election of four new members: Dr. Rick Arthur, B. Wayne Hughes, Warren "Spud" Williamson and Peter Willmott.
Warren Williamson was voted owner of the year, and his racemare Nashoba's Key was chosen horse of the year, in the Thoroughbred of California's annual owner awards selection.
Warren B. Williamson and Robert W. Zamarripa Sr. have accepted invitations to join the Oak Tree Racing Association's Board of Directors.Oak Tree President Dr. Jack K. Robbins announced their appointments Aug. 29.
- By Claire Novak
The starting gate will always be a dangerous place, but thanks to Bob Duncan and Roy Williamson, it looks a little safer going into the meet's final week.
Following hot in the footsteps of last week's record result for a breeze-up 2-year-old, in Perth, Australia, Gray Williamson of Mungrup Stud in Western Australia paid a Perth sale record A$125,000 (U.S.$91,000) for a colt by Australia's highest priced stallion Encosta de Lago (Fairy King-Shoal Creek) at the Magic Millions Horses-In-Training Sale at Belmont Park racecourse.
Champion Orientate's first foal, a colt, was born Jan.14 at Garland Williamson's farm in Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica