A BloodHorse magazine (issue of May 24, 1930) recap of Gallant Fox's 1930 Kentucky Derby victory.
A BloodHorse Magazine recap of the Kentucky Derby won by Omaha that ran in the May 11, 1935 issue. The story is a staff report that carried the to-the-point headline of, "The Kentucky Derby."
- By Steve Haskin
It was Damascus who breathed life into a hollow existence, numbed from years of toiling mindlessly on Wall Street. Read Blog
In the third of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse of June 15, 1935 on Omaha winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
In the second of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, a look at how The Blood-Horse magazine covered the 1930 Belmont Stakes victory of Gallant Fox.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker