A BloodHorse magazine (issue of May 24, 1930) recap of Gallant Fox's 1930 Kentucky Derby victory.
A BloodHorse Magazine recap of the Kentucky Derby won by Omaha that ran in the May 11, 1935 issue. The story is a staff report that carried the to-the-point headline of, "The Kentucky Derby."
- By Steve Haskin
It was Damascus who breathed life into a hollow existence, numbed from years of toiling mindlessly on Wall Street. Read Blog
In the third of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse of June 15, 1935 on Omaha winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
In the second of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, a look at how The Blood-Horse magazine covered the 1930 Belmont Stakes victory of Gallant Fox.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day