Antonio Francesco's Simmard, who was experiencing his best year of racing, has been retired due to an injury. Breeding plans are undecided.
Simmard was assigned high weight in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs at 1 1/2 miles May 26, and it's easy to see why.
Front-running Ablo fended off several challenges from a determined Autumn Snow to register a game neck victory in the $500,000 (Canadian) Prince of Wales Stakes Sunday at Fort Erie in the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell