Antonio Francesco's Simmard, who was experiencing his best year of racing, has been retired due to an injury. Breeding plans are undecided.
Simmard was assigned high weight in the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs at 1 1/2 miles May 26, and it's easy to see why.
Front-running Ablo fended off several challenges from a determined Autumn Snow to register a game neck victory in the $500,000 (Canadian) Prince of Wales Stakes Sunday at Fort Erie in the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen