Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic