Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs