Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
- By Ron Mitchell
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill