Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?