Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Waller Tallies Group I Double in Australia
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends