Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse