Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
- By Ron Mitchell
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Top Caribbean Race to be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- NM Will Suspend Horses Who Fail Drug Tests
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Case Sheds Light on Cruelty Laws
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert