Leading sire and grade I winner Storm Cat was euthanized April 24 at the Young family's Overbrook Farm near Lexington due to complications from infirmities of old age.
There were plenty of quips and comments from trainers and connections with Kentucky Derby (gr. I) hopefuls Tuesday night at the annual Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders trainers' dinner in Louisville.
The burial of prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder William T. Young will be conducted in private, with no visitation planned. Young, who parlayed his business acumen into success with Overbrook Farm, died Monday at age 85.
On Wednesday Keeneland's board of directors voted to support a national drug policy and elected three individuals to new positions.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Daddy Does Best
- EquiLottery Touts Horsemen Group's Support
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move