Seth W. Hancock, longtime member of the Keeneland board of directors, was appointed a Keeneland trustee, effective Aug. 25 upon the retirement of current Keeneland trustee Louis Lee Haggin III.
Stuart S. Janney III has been elected chairman of The Jockey Club and will succeed Ogden Mills "Dinny" Phipps, who earlier this year announced plans to resign after more than 30 years at the helm of the organization.
Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron is among eight new members elected to The Jockey Club.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx