Dr. William Lockridge, a veterinarian who served in key management positions at some of Central Kentucky's leading Thoroughbred farms, died June 8. He was 81.
Odds-on choice American Lion showed some greenness but found his best stride in the lane to post a half-length victory in the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) in his stakes debut for trainer Eoin Harty Nov. 21 at Hollywood Park.
Storm Bird, a European champion who sired the great Storm Cat, was euthanized the night of Dec. 3 following a bout with colic at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race