William A. Levin, who won the 1971 Travers Stakes with Bold Reason, died Jan. 26, one day after his 84th birthday.
The former head of the now-defunct New York State Thoroughbred Capital Investment Fund pleaded guilty to felony grand larceny charges, state officials and his lawyer said Dec. 2.
The longtime head of a quasi-state agency charged with financing improvements at New York's top Thoroughbred racetracks has resigned under a cloud, government officials said Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport