William A. Levin, who won the 1971 Travers Stakes with Bold Reason, died Jan. 26, one day after his 84th birthday.
The former head of the now-defunct New York State Thoroughbred Capital Investment Fund pleaded guilty to felony grand larceny charges, state officials and his lawyer said Dec. 2.
The longtime head of a quasi-state agency charged with financing improvements at New York's top Thoroughbred racetracks has resigned under a cloud, government officials said Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes