William A. Levin, who won the 1971 Travers Stakes with Bold Reason, died Jan. 26, one day after his 84th birthday.
The former head of the now-defunct New York State Thoroughbred Capital Investment Fund pleaded guilty to felony grand larceny charges, state officials and his lawyer said Dec. 2.
The longtime head of a quasi-state agency charged with financing improvements at New York's top Thoroughbred racetracks has resigned under a cloud, government officials said Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled