William L. Pape and Jonathan Sheppard's homebred Divine Fortune is named top Steeplechaser of 2013. The 10-year-old Royal Anthem gelding big win came in the Grand National Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Oct. 19 at Far Hills, N.J.
The A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) Thursday at Saratoga came down to the final 20 yards of the flat run when when a determined Mixed Up outfought the front-running Preemptive Strike to win by a half-length.
Trainer Jonathan Sheppard bagged his record 12th victory in the New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) as William L. Pape's Mixed Up carried jockey Danielle Hodsdon to a one-length victory over Top of the Bill in the steeplechase event at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday