Zenyatta, 2010's Horse of the Year, was honored with the 2011 William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Dr. Curtis Barrett was awarded the William H. May Award Wednesday afternoon during an awards luncheon at the Association of Racing Commissioners International's annual convention. The convention is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Veteran journalist Billy Reed has been hired by the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, where he will be working mainly with the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority... The Race Track Chaplaincy of America and the Winners Federation have entered into a working relationship to coordinate their efforts in several areas to improve the lives of backstretch workers. The Race Track Chaplaincy of America was recently presented with the William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress