Zenyatta, 2010's Horse of the Year, was honored with the 2011 William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Dr. Curtis Barrett was awarded the William H. May Award Wednesday afternoon during an awards luncheon at the Association of Racing Commissioners International's annual convention. The convention is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Veteran journalist Billy Reed has been hired by the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, where he will be working mainly with the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority... The Race Track Chaplaincy of America and the Winners Federation have entered into a working relationship to coordinate their efforts in several areas to improve the lives of backstretch workers. The Race Track Chaplaincy of America was recently presented with the William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby