Zenyatta, 2010's Horse of the Year, was honored with the 2011 William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Dr. Curtis Barrett was awarded the William H. May Award Wednesday afternoon during an awards luncheon at the Association of Racing Commissioners International's annual convention. The convention is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Veteran journalist Billy Reed has been hired by the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, where he will be working mainly with the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority... The Race Track Chaplaincy of America and the Winners Federation have entered into a working relationship to coordinate their efforts in several areas to improve the lives of backstretch workers. The Race Track Chaplaincy of America was recently presented with the William H. May Award by the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin