The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Aug. 10 announced the election of Peter Willmott as chairman of its board of trustees.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Aug. 4 the re-election of Reynolds Bell Jr. as chairman of its Board of Trustees.
Officials of Breeders' Cup and Churchill Downs will make what the racetrack calls a "major economic development announcement" -- probably hosting the Breeders' Cup World Championships in 2010 at the earliest -- during a press conference scheduled for Oct. 8 at the Louisville, Ky., racetrack.
The newly constituted 14-member Breeders' Cup Ltd. board of directors held its first meeting Thursday and elected William Farish Jr. as chairman.
Shadow Cast rallied to capture her third straight stakes win at Fair Grounds Race Course, winning the $125,000 Bayou Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf Saturday.
Shadow Cast picked up right where she left off earlier this year at Fair Grounds, returning to capture the $60,000 Pago Hop Stakes for 3-year-old fillies over the Stall-Wilson turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival