Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame gave notice of his intentions in the older horse ranks for 2010 with a sterling victory in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) in his first start of the year.
The 1 1/16-mile William Donald Schaefer, which often serves as a prep race for the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill June 12, is the eighth race on the card and is slated for 2:57 p.m.
Grade I winner Dynaforce makes her 2009 bow for Bill Mott in the Gallorette Handicap (gr. III), while Lael Stables' Ready Set looks best in the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III). The pair of $100,000 events are part of a graded stakes bonanza on Preakness Day at Pimlico May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic