Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame gave notice of his intentions in the older horse ranks for 2010 with a sterling victory in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) in his first start of the year.
The 1 1/16-mile William Donald Schaefer, which often serves as a prep race for the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill June 12, is the eighth race on the card and is slated for 2:57 p.m.
Grade I winner Dynaforce makes her 2009 bow for Bill Mott in the Gallorette Handicap (gr. III), while Lael Stables' Ready Set looks best in the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III). The pair of $100,000 events are part of a graded stakes bonanza on Preakness Day at Pimlico May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park