Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame gave notice of his intentions in the older horse ranks for 2010 with a sterling victory in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) in his first start of the year.
The 1 1/16-mile William Donald Schaefer, which often serves as a prep race for the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill June 12, is the eighth race on the card and is slated for 2:57 p.m.
Grade I winner Dynaforce makes her 2009 bow for Bill Mott in the Gallorette Handicap (gr. III), while Lael Stables' Ready Set looks best in the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III). The pair of $100,000 events are part of a graded stakes bonanza on Preakness Day at Pimlico May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby