Adele Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame gave notice of his intentions in the older horse ranks for 2010 with a sterling victory in the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) in his first start of the year.
The 1 1/16-mile William Donald Schaefer, which often serves as a prep race for the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill June 12, is the eighth race on the card and is slated for 2:57 p.m.
Grade I winner Dynaforce makes her 2009 bow for Bill Mott in the Gallorette Handicap (gr. III), while Lael Stables' Ready Set looks best in the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III). The pair of $100,000 events are part of a graded stakes bonanza on Preakness Day at Pimlico May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements