The Indiana racing commission June 26 approved an application by the Indiana HBPA to be recognized as the representative horsemen's group at Indiana Grand, but not before a hearing into finances of its benevolence trust.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission is looking into allegations regarding expenditure of funds from the Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Benefit Trust.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed attorney William Diener as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to replace Sarah McNaught, who has stepped down effective July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input