The Indiana racing commission June 26 approved an application by the Indiana HBPA to be recognized as the representative horsemen's group at Indiana Grand, but not before a hearing into finances of its benevolence trust.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission is looking into allegations regarding expenditure of funds from the Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Benefit Trust.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed attorney William Diener as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to replace Sarah McNaught, who has stepped down effective July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist