The Indiana racing commission June 26 approved an application by the Indiana HBPA to be recognized as the representative horsemen's group at Indiana Grand, but not before a hearing into finances of its benevolence trust.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission is looking into allegations regarding expenditure of funds from the Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Benefit Trust.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed attorney William Diener as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission to replace Sarah McNaught, who has stepped down effective July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf