Louisiana's first racetrack slot parlor opens today at Delta Downs, more than two years after Calcasieu Parish voters approved the operation. For Boyd Gaming, Delta Downs' owner, the opening is long overdue.
Delta Downs -- Louisana's first race track slot casino -- will officially open at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Vinton, La. track is already running newspaper ads in Houston promoting the opening of its slot parlor. It's located near the southern Louisiana-Texas border.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch