William Backer's homebred filly Blind Date came from off the pace to take a short advantage in mid-stretch, then narrowly outdueled Shared Account to win the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) by a head July 18 at Colonial Downs.
The Jockey Club today announced the election of seven new members: William Backer, Robert McNair, Nick Nicholson, Mace Siegel, Stella Thayer, Frank "Scoop" Vessels III, and William T. Young, Jr.
William Backer's Pillow Talk, who ran seventh in the tough Lake George (gr. III) at Saratoga on July 29, will get another shot at facing stakes company when she meets twelve other 3-year-old fillies in the competitive $100,000 Christiana Stakes at Delaware Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night