The Oregon horse racing and breeding industry is making a push for historical race wagering at Portland Meadows, which last year raced in the summer and fall with mixed results.
Portland Meadows received approval from the Oregon Racing Commission to greatly alter its traditional racing schedule by switching from winter to summer racing.
Portland Meadows established a record for all-sources handle on Jan. 28 with $1,433,207 bet on the nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster