The Oregon horse racing and breeding industry is making a push for historical race wagering at Portland Meadows, which last year raced in the summer and fall with mixed results.
Portland Meadows received approval from the Oregon Racing Commission to greatly alter its traditional racing schedule by switching from winter to summer racing.
Portland Meadows established a record for all-sources handle on Jan. 28 with $1,433,207 bet on the nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?