The Oregon horse racing and breeding industry is making a push for historical race wagering at Portland Meadows, which last year raced in the summer and fall with mixed results.
Portland Meadows received approval from the Oregon Racing Commission to greatly alter its traditional racing schedule by switching from winter to summer racing.
Portland Meadows established a record for all-sources handle on Jan. 28 with $1,433,207 bet on the nine-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls