For the first time in racing history, an American racehorse, Honor In War, is coming to Australia to contest the W.S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) on Oct. 28 at Moonee Valley in Victoria.
The Thoroughbred Corp's Johar, a dead-heat winner with High Chaparral in the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), and 3rd Turn Stable's defending winner Honor In War head a list of 98 older grass horses nominated to the 17th running of the $400,000-added Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
A sprained ankle has knocked 3rd Turn Racing Stable's Honor In War, winner of the Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs and runner-up in the recent Shadwell Keeneland Turf Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland, out of consideration for the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I).
Godolphin Racing Inc.'s Sulamani, the international equine star who is the projected favorite in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), completed a transatlantic journey at 3 a.m. Sunday by bedding down in Arlington Park's quarantine barn hours before first light.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Churchill Downs Stock Price Soars
- Zayas Recovering From Surgery After Spill
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Stallion Mr. Big Moves to California
- First Winner for Giant Surprise
- Delaware Park Battles With Regional Pressures