Longtime Ocala horseman Will Johnson has been tabbed as the new stallion manager at John Sykes' CloverLeaf Farms II.
Central Florida real-estate developer Glenn Lane of First American International has a contract to purchase Franks Farm/ Southland Division, owned by the estate of the late John Franks, who died Dec. 31.
Though Florida has been hardest hit by West Nile vVrus this year, the number of confirmed cases in Marion County, home to Ocala and many horse farms, isn't out of line with the rest of the state, according to data registered through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires