The Billy The Kid Casino has reopened and Ruidoso Downs is ready for horses to move into the stable area April 25 after the 6,500-acre White Fire burned adjacent to the New Mexico track's property April 3.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens will make his first guest appearance on the ABC family series Wildfire March 13. According to Stevens' Web site, the two-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner plays jockey Augie French in "Break Down," episode 2009 of the drama's second season. Jason London and singer Aidan Hawken also guest star in the program.
Less than two months after his Nov. 26 retirement from racing, former jockey Gary Stevens is considering an invitation to guest star in the ABC original family series Wildfire.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed