The Billy The Kid Casino has reopened and Ruidoso Downs is ready for horses to move into the stable area April 25 after the 6,500-acre White Fire burned adjacent to the New Mexico track's property April 3.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens will make his first guest appearance on the ABC family series Wildfire March 13. According to Stevens' Web site, the two-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner plays jockey Augie French in "Break Down," episode 2009 of the drama's second season. Jason London and singer Aidan Hawken also guest star in the program.
Less than two months after his Nov. 26 retirement from racing, former jockey Gary Stevens is considering an invitation to guest star in the ABC original family series Wildfire.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf