The Billy The Kid Casino has reopened and Ruidoso Downs is ready for horses to move into the stable area April 25 after the 6,500-acre White Fire burned adjacent to the New Mexico track's property April 3.
Retired jockey Gary Stevens will make his first guest appearance on the ABC family series Wildfire March 13. According to Stevens' Web site, the two-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner plays jockey Augie French in "Break Down," episode 2009 of the drama's second season. Jason London and singer Aidan Hawken also guest star in the program.
Less than two months after his Nov. 26 retirement from racing, former jockey Gary Stevens is considering an invitation to guest star in the ABC original family series Wildfire.
Most Popular Stories
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile