Robert Abbo Racing Stable's Immortal Eyes, who just missed winning last year's Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) after rating a bit early, will try again when the six-furlong event is held May 19 at Pimlico Race Course.
This Ones for Phil captured the featured $75,000 Decathlon Stakes, Joe Bravo won three races, and a crowd of 10,847 enjoyed opening day festivities as Monmouth Park kicked off the 2011 Thoroughbred racing season May 14.
Bribon, previously under consideration for the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), will bypass that race in favor of $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) Oct. 30 at Belmont Park.
Led by Godolphin Stable's Girolamo, a talented field of nine sprinters will all vie for their first grade I win in the $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational Oct. 2 at Belmont Park.
Kentucky shipper Custom for Carlos found the East Coast to his liking as the 3-year-old colt ran off with the $200,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity