Stakes winner Wild Zone will stand in 2008 at Breakway Farm near Dillsboro, Ind.
Tortuga Flats and Nob Hill Deelite were favored to repeat their Louisiana Champions Day wins in their respective divisions of the Louisiana Futurity, and both prevailed Saturday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Wild Zone, sire of four stakes winners this year, has been relocated to Rick Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
Wild Zone, one of the nation's leading sires of 2-year-olds, has been relocated to Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Breeders who send a Louisiana-bred program registered mare to Wild Zone or Littlexpectations will receive a free no-guarantee 2006 season to Easyfromthegitgo.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, the national leader in victories, swept both divisions of Saturday's Texas Thoroughbred Association Sales Futurity at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Ben Perkins Jr. saddled the winner of Aqueduct's Fred ``Cappy'' Capossela Stakes for the third year in a row and fourth time overall when Char-Mari Stable's Spin Zone won by three lengths on Monday's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day card.
The same Wild Zone colt that zipped the fastest eighth-mile at the Ocala Breeders' Sales video preview on Sunday took top honors again on Saturday for his :21 3/5 quarter-mile at the first session of the Under Tack Show of the company's March sale of selected 2-year-olds.
A colt by Wild Zone zipped an eighth in :10 1/5, the fastest work at the distance Sunday among horses slated to sell next week. The workout was during the first session of the Under Tack Preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's March Sale of Selected 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Wild Zone, whose first crop are juveniles and include stakes winner Wild Hits, will be moving to Texas to stand the 2001 breeding season. Wild Hits has stood since his retirment at Adena Springs Farm near Midway, Ky. He will stand at Millennium Farm near Belton Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS