Mountain General makes his first start since his track-record performance in the Thanksgiving Handicap in Sunday's $75,000 F.W. Gaudin Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds.
Norman Miller may not be a household name when it comes to horse trainers. But the 47-year-old New Orleans native will have one of his most important opportunities Saturday when he saddles Jimmy and Dennis Richard's Bonapaw in the $300,000 Vosburgh (gr. I) at seven furlongs at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job