Joseph V. Shield Jr.'s homebred House Party came from fifth on the turn to blow past her seven rivals for a sharp victory in Friday's $200,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
On a rainy day at Belmont Park, Ogden Mills Phipps' favored Storm Flag Flying, in just her second career start, demolished Sunday's 96th running of the $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-olds, winning by 12 3/4 lengths.
Storm Flag Flying is the likely favorite heading into Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Wild Snitch powered past the field turning for home to capture the $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park on Sunday before a crowd of 13,332.
Seven 2-year-old fillies are listed as possible for Sunday's $100,000 Sorority Stakes at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season