Joseph V. Shield Jr.'s homebred House Party came from fifth on the turn to blow past her seven rivals for a sharp victory in Friday's $200,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
On a rainy day at Belmont Park, Ogden Mills Phipps' favored Storm Flag Flying, in just her second career start, demolished Sunday's 96th running of the $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-olds, winning by 12 3/4 lengths.
Storm Flag Flying is the likely favorite heading into Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Wild Snitch powered past the field turning for home to capture the $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park on Sunday before a crowd of 13,332.
Seven 2-year-old fillies are listed as possible for Sunday's $100,000 Sorority Stakes at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac