The Wicks Group, a New York-based private equity firm, announced Oct. 19 that it has completed the sale of Wicks Sports Information and the Daily Racing Form to Arlington Capital Partners, a Washington, D.C.-based private equity firm.
Daily Racing Form has acquired the publishing assets of Sports Eye Inc., a New York-based company that produces Thoroughbred and Standardbred handicapping publications and other sports-related publications.
Daily Racing Form, the 110-year-old daily newspaper that covers Thoroughbred racing, has been purchased by The Wicks Group of Companies from an entity controlled by Alpine Equity Partners.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC