Three-year-olds around the country continue to get "zapped" by the Derby trail's three-headed monster. You know, zap, as in Nick Zito, Steve Asmussen, and Todd Pletcher.
Why Tonto, not favored Cowboy Cal, won the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach Stakes at Gulfstream.
Derby prospect Cowboy Cal will start in the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach at Gulfstream Park instead of taking a traditional route.
Cowboy Cal, a 3-year-old Giant's Causeway colt, captured his first graded stakes win Jan. 1 at Calder Race Course.
The 3-year-old colt Wise Answer will make his turf debut in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby.
Trainer Todd Pletcher didn't think his chances looked so great for Why Tonto to get in off the alternate list of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 26, so he entered the colt in the Oct. 21 King Cugat Stakes at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- Palm Meadows to Remain Open For Summer
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby