Three-year-olds around the country continue to get "zapped" by the Derby trail's three-headed monster. You know, zap, as in Nick Zito, Steve Asmussen, and Todd Pletcher.
Why Tonto, not favored Cowboy Cal, won the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach Stakes at Gulfstream.
Derby prospect Cowboy Cal will start in the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach at Gulfstream Park instead of taking a traditional route.
Cowboy Cal, a 3-year-old Giant's Causeway colt, captured his first graded stakes win Jan. 1 at Calder Race Course.
The 3-year-old colt Wise Answer will make his turf debut in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby.
Trainer Todd Pletcher didn't think his chances looked so great for Why Tonto to get in off the alternate list of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 26, so he entered the colt in the Oct. 21 King Cugat Stakes at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cassatt Takes Advantage of Big Zia Park Day
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Motion Shipper Appealing Cat in Del Mar Debut
- Churchill to Resume Live Racing Nov. 21
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Rockridge Stud Announces 2015 Stallion Fees
- Woodbine, Horsemen Announce 2015 Calendar
- UC-Davis Seeks Horse Management Survey Input
- Florida Feed Manufacturer Issues Recall
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California