Three-year-olds around the country continue to get "zapped" by the Derby trail's three-headed monster. You know, zap, as in Nick Zito, Steve Asmussen, and Todd Pletcher.
Why Tonto, not favored Cowboy Cal, won the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach Stakes at Gulfstream.
Derby prospect Cowboy Cal will start in the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach at Gulfstream Park instead of taking a traditional route.
Cowboy Cal, a 3-year-old Giant's Causeway colt, captured his first graded stakes win Jan. 1 at Calder Race Course.
The 3-year-old colt Wise Answer will make his turf debut in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby.
Trainer Todd Pletcher didn't think his chances looked so great for Why Tonto to get in off the alternate list of the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Oct. 26, so he entered the colt in the Oct. 21 King Cugat Stakes at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Broken Pelvis Causes Charismatic's Death
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby