Meet to run from April 15-Sept. 25; track open for training Feb. 8.
Washington is introducing live scan fingerprint technology to the pari-mutuel industry as state racing commission officials begin to process the applications of owners, trainers, jockeys and other personnel for the opening of Emerald Downs' live Thoroughbred meet April 21.
Playfair Race Course, which was to have opened in September for its first live meet since 2000, will not operate for simulcasting or hold its live meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Effort Aims to Improve Animal Feed Safety
- Jockey Oscar Flores Records Milestone Victory
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney