Meet to run from April 15-Sept. 25; track open for training Feb. 8.
Washington is introducing live scan fingerprint technology to the pari-mutuel industry as state racing commission officials begin to process the applications of owners, trainers, jockeys and other personnel for the opening of Emerald Downs' live Thoroughbred meet April 21.
Playfair Race Course, which was to have opened in September for its first live meet since 2000, will not operate for simulcasting or hold its live meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider