On a three-race win streak since he moved to the barn of veteran trainer William Morey, Hudson Landing bids for his first graded win in the $100,000 Will Rogers Stakes (gr. IIIT) over the Hollywood Park turf June 20.
Jockey Victor Espinoza has received a three-day suspension for his riding in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 3, while Garrett Gomez was fined $750 for punching Espinoza afterward.
Trainer Bob Baffert says he just wants to get the standout son of Smart Strike through his final prep in the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 3 and get on to Kentucky.
Following Lookin At Lucky's six-furlong workout at Santa Anita March 28, trainer Bob Baffert said his colt is "90% sure" for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 3.
Who's Up left the folding odds-on favorite Bridgetown past mid-stretch en route to a 1 3/4-length upset victory in his stakes debut in the $100,000 Generous (gr. IIIT) on the Holywood Park turf Nov. 28.
Bridgetown, a determined second in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month after setting the pace, is clearly the one to beat in the Nov. 28 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park.
Lookin At Lucky, winner of the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II), will have to overcome the rail draw when he puts his unbeaten record on the line against eight juvenile rivals in the $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa