There was no catching Blueskiesnrainbows Jan. 11 at Santa Anita Park in a frontrunning win in the $200,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II).
California-based Blueskiesnrainbows, who won the grade II Swaps Stakes in the Golden State last time out, will take on eight rivals in the Super Derby at Louisiana Downs.
There weren't a lot of fireworks in the $150,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) as Blueskiesnrainbows dictated an even tempo and held on gamely for his first stakes victory in the Independence Day feature at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Lately, Mike Sherack of IEAH Stables and Stan Whisenant of Whizway Farms have been singing the phrases of their 3-year-old filly Amen Hallelujah, and understandably so.
Amen Hallelujah put on a dazzling display in her first start on dirt, leaving favored Bickersons in the dust at the top of the lane and romping home for a 6 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 27
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions