Janis R. Whitham's Fort Larned breezed five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 at Churchill Downs Sept. 23 in preparation for the inaugural Homecoming Classic at Churchill Downs.
Mea Domina, a three-time graded stakes winner for breeder/owner Janis Whitham, has been retired from racing and is booked to Bernardini.
Edward P. Evans' homebred millionaire Summer Colony, the first and one of two horses to beat Azeri, has arrived at her owner's Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., following her retirement.
Turf distaffers will get the opportunity to fight for $500,000 on Friday in Keeneland's WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT).
Veteran rider Eddie Delahoussaye booted home Affluent 2 1/2 lengths ahead of Collect Call to win Saturday's $150,000 Hollywood Oaks Stakes (gr. II) and earn his second stakes win on the Hollywood Park card.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala