Janis R. Whitham's Fort Larned breezed five furlongs in 1:02 2/5 at Churchill Downs Sept. 23 in preparation for the inaugural Homecoming Classic at Churchill Downs.
Mea Domina, a three-time graded stakes winner for breeder/owner Janis Whitham, has been retired from racing and is booked to Bernardini.
Edward P. Evans' homebred millionaire Summer Colony, the first and one of two horses to beat Azeri, has arrived at her owner's Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., following her retirement.
Turf distaffers will get the opportunity to fight for $500,000 on Friday in Keeneland's WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIT).
Veteran rider Eddie Delahoussaye booted home Affluent 2 1/2 lengths ahead of Collect Call to win Saturday's $150,000 Hollywood Oaks Stakes (gr. II) and earn his second stakes win on the Hollywood Park card.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths