The ninth annual New Vocations Charity Horse Show in Delaware, Ohio, attracted more than 150 participants and 900 class entries and raised more than $40,000 to help the organization.
Market conditions remained the same at the Keeneland September yearling sale Thursday, Sept. 24 as major indices continued their decline over a last year's figures. Four horses, however, broke through the six-figure barrier on the day, with the top three prices coming for fillies.
Trainer Nick Zito will send two of his 2005 Triple Crown contenders into action in Saturday's $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Andromeda's Hero and barnmate Noble Causeway lead the field of six entered.
Colts by Coronado's Quest and Unbridled's Song were among the standouts Monday during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training. They both worked a quarter mile in :20 3/5 seconds on a warm, partly sunny spring day in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes