A Hard Spun colt brought a final bid of $330,000 to top early trading Sept. 19 during the fifth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
The ninth annual New Vocations Charity Horse Show in Delaware, Ohio, attracted more than 150 participants and 900 class entries and raised more than $40,000 to help the organization.
Market conditions remained the same at the Keeneland September yearling sale Thursday, Sept. 24 as major indices continued their decline over a last year's figures. Four horses, however, broke through the six-figure barrier on the day, with the top three prices coming for fillies.
Trainer Nick Zito will send two of his 2005 Triple Crown contenders into action in Saturday's $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Andromeda's Hero and barnmate Noble Causeway lead the field of six entered.
Colts by Coronado's Quest and Unbridled's Song were among the standouts Monday during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training. They both worked a quarter mile in :20 3/5 seconds on a warm, partly sunny spring day in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown