The ninth annual New Vocations Charity Horse Show in Delaware, Ohio, attracted more than 150 participants and 900 class entries and raised more than $40,000 to help the organization.
Market conditions remained the same at the Keeneland September yearling sale Thursday, Sept. 24 as major indices continued their decline over a last year's figures. Four horses, however, broke through the six-figure barrier on the day, with the top three prices coming for fillies.
Trainer Nick Zito will send two of his 2005 Triple Crown contenders into action in Saturday's $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Andromeda's Hero and barnmate Noble Causeway lead the field of six entered.
Colts by Coronado's Quest and Unbridled's Song were among the standouts Monday during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training. They both worked a quarter mile in :20 3/5 seconds on a warm, partly sunny spring day in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland