A Hard Spun colt brought a final bid of $330,000 to top early trading Sept. 19 during the fifth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
The ninth annual New Vocations Charity Horse Show in Delaware, Ohio, attracted more than 150 participants and 900 class entries and raised more than $40,000 to help the organization.
Market conditions remained the same at the Keeneland September yearling sale Thursday, Sept. 24 as major indices continued their decline over a last year's figures. Four horses, however, broke through the six-figure barrier on the day, with the top three prices coming for fillies.
Trainer Nick Zito will send two of his 2005 Triple Crown contenders into action in Saturday's $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Andromeda's Hero and barnmate Noble Causeway lead the field of six entered.
Colts by Coronado's Quest and Unbridled's Song were among the standouts Monday during the first under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training. They both worked a quarter mile in :20 3/5 seconds on a warm, partly sunny spring day in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag