The $200,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park July 12 is pretty much a roll of the dice, as 14 fillies and mares look to earn their way into the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 16.
The beautifully bred filly Anjaz has an excellent shot at her first graded win when she challenges seven female opponents in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 9 on the turf at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Richard Santulli's Laughing has emerged as a middle-distance grass star this year, and hopes to add the Flower Bowl Sept. 28 at Belmont Park to victories in the Diana, Ballston Spa, and Eatontown.
As so often is the case as summer turns to fall, Racing Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott has a stable of Thoroughbreds moving in the right direction.
Front-running favorite Lady Cohiba outlasted the closing White Rose to win the $150,000 Glens Falls Stakes, which was taken off the inner turf and contested on a muddy main track on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 2
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher