Juddmonte Farms' multiple stakes winner faces eight opponents in 1 1/2-mile turf test, her second start back off a long layoff.
Nick Zito tries to add a rare turf score to his graded stakes resume when he sends out Starstruck in the Suwannee River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 7.
White Rose emerged from a five-horse scramble in the final 50 yards to win the $125,000 Rood & Riddle Dowager by a nose over lukewarm favorite Caroline Thomas Oct. 19 at Keeneland.
White Rose and Angel Terrace each won divisions of the Kentucky Downs Ladies Marathon Stakes on closing day for the five-day 2014 meet at the unique Franklin, Ky. track Sept. 24.
The $200,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park July 12 is pretty much a roll of the dice, as 14 fillies and mares look to earn their way into the $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 16.
The beautifully bred filly Anjaz has an excellent shot at her first graded win when she challenges seven female opponents in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 9 on the turf at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Richard Santulli's Laughing has emerged as a middle-distance grass star this year, and hopes to add the Flower Bowl Sept. 28 at Belmont Park to victories in the Diana, Ballston Spa, and Eatontown.
As so often is the case as summer turns to fall, Racing Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott has a stable of Thoroughbreds moving in the right direction.
Front-running favorite Lady Cohiba outlasted the closing White Rose to win the $150,000 Glens Falls Stakes, which was taken off the inner turf and contested on a muddy main track on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 2
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic