The William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile Saturday at Pimlico drew a field of 11, including Ole Faunty, who was also entered in Friday's Pimlico Special. Pat Day rides the 5-year-old, who won the John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel in February.
Trainer Dan Hendricks hopes a better trip, more pace and the addition of blinkers will make a major difference for Runaway Dancer, one of 11 entered for the $200,000 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Saturday.
The entry of Peace Rules and Midas Eyes was installed the 9-5 morning line favorite by odds maker Jeff Tufts for Saturday's $1 million Barretts/CTBA Classic, marquee event on Sunshine Millions Day at Santa Anita Park.
Excess Summer and jockey Julie Krone spoiled the return to competition of Gary Stevens Friday, less than three weeks after he was injured in a spectacular spill in the Arlington Million (g. IT), breezing to an easy triumph in the featured $92,825 El Cajon Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Tampa Bay Downs' fans got a glimpse of a possible player in the grade III, $250,000 Tampa Bay Derby when White Buck sloshed to victory in the Sam F. Davis Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud