An Ohio-bred colt by Flatter sold to Carrol Castille's Whispering Oaks Farm for $280,000 to top the opening session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training April 21 in Ocala, Fla.
Taking advantage of a torrid pace, Street Story came from well off the pace for a 1 3/4-length triumph over Miss Behaviour in the $150,000 Victory Ride Stakes at Belmont Park June 29.
The new five-member partnership will offered full-service consignment and bloodstock services.
Street Story got the Oaklawn Park meet off to a fast start for 2013 leading jockey Ricardo Santana Jr. and trainer Steve Asmussen by winning the $100,000 Dixie Belle Stakes before a rain-drenched crowd of 15,031 Jan. 10.
Closing Argument, a top 10 leading third-crop sire of 2011, has moved to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carnecro, La. for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Successful Appeal will stand for $5,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30