In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
New York invader Franny Freud, a three-time stakes winner in 2009, makes her West Coast debut in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) as the 123-pound high weight Jan. 16 at Santa Anita.
Six 3-year-old fillies shoot for their initial graded stakes win in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
A condylar fracture of a cannon bone knocked Darley Debutante (gr. I) winner Mi Sueno out of the $300,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) this week and 13 juvenile fillies are hoping to take advantage at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- Consignors Like OBS Mixed Sale Consolidation