In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
New York invader Franny Freud, a three-time stakes winner in 2009, makes her West Coast debut in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) as the 123-pound high weight Jan. 16 at Santa Anita.
Six 3-year-old fillies shoot for their initial graded stakes win in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
A condylar fracture of a cannon bone knocked Darley Debutante (gr. I) winner Mi Sueno out of the $300,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) this week and 13 juvenile fillies are hoping to take advantage at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile