In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
New York invader Franny Freud, a three-time stakes winner in 2009, makes her West Coast debut in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) as the 123-pound high weight Jan. 16 at Santa Anita.
Six 3-year-old fillies shoot for their initial graded stakes win in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 10.
A condylar fracture of a cannon bone knocked Darley Debutante (gr. I) winner Mi Sueno out of the $300,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) this week and 13 juvenile fillies are hoping to take advantage at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes