Bear Now goes for back-to-back Kentucky Cup Distaff (gr. III) titles Sept. 26 at Turfway Park when she takes on nine rivals in the $100,000 Polytrack event for fillies and mares.
Sky Mom, seeking her fourth win of the 2008 campaign for trainer Steve Asmussen, is the 5-2 morning line favorite for the $400,000 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) at Hoosier Park on the evening of Oct. 3.
River Ridge Ranch's Maren's Meadow, dismissed at odds of 11-1 in a field of five 3-year-old fillies, broke on top and never trailed, pulling away in the stretch to win the $150,000 Monmouth Oaks (gr. III) by 4 1/2 lengths Aug. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Gross, Average Decline at Keeneland Sale
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby