Racing Australia chairman John Messara defended his organization's approach toward modifying whip use after the Australian Jockeys Association voted for the third time to support postponing any rule changes for 12 months.
Hronis Racing's Hard Aces has benefited from a West Coast racing lineup without Shared Belief or California Chrome, but will take his shot in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) nonetheless. acquiring
Following an outcry from jockeys, the British Horseracing Authority has amended rules that result in disciplinary measures for jockeys using their whips more than five times inside the final furlong of a flat race.
Two British jockeys received suspensions for excessive use of the whip during races at Salisbury Racecourse Oct. 10, the first day that stiffer penalties went into effect for that violation.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch