Racing Australia chairman John Messara defended his organization's approach toward modifying whip use after the Australian Jockeys Association voted for the third time to support postponing any rule changes for 12 months.
Hronis Racing's Hard Aces has benefited from a West Coast racing lineup without Shared Belief or California Chrome, but will take his shot in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) nonetheless. acquiring
Following an outcry from jockeys, the British Horseracing Authority has amended rules that result in disciplinary measures for jockeys using their whips more than five times inside the final furlong of a flat race.
Two British jockeys received suspensions for excessive use of the whip during races at Salisbury Racecourse Oct. 10, the first day that stiffer penalties went into effect for that violation.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf