Racing Australia chairman John Messara defended his organization's approach toward modifying whip use after the Australian Jockeys Association voted for the third time to support postponing any rule changes for 12 months.
Hronis Racing's Hard Aces has benefited from a West Coast racing lineup without Shared Belief or California Chrome, but will take his shot in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) nonetheless. acquiring
Following an outcry from jockeys, the British Horseracing Authority has amended rules that result in disciplinary measures for jockeys using their whips more than five times inside the final furlong of a flat race.
Two British jockeys received suspensions for excessive use of the whip during races at Salisbury Racecourse Oct. 10, the first day that stiffer penalties went into effect for that violation.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Lady Shipman Seeks Graded Win at Woodbine
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Infinite Wisdom in Wide-Open Oceanport
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes