The California Horse Racing Board May 26 advanced a proposal that would alter its current rule restricting whip use by jockeys riding Thoroughbreds.
The transition to California's new whip rule appeared seamless on the first racing day under the mandate July 2 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
A top jockey has handed in his racing license in protest of British horse racing's new whip rules, after incurring two bans in the first week of their implementation.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- The Devil You Say
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint