The California Horse Racing Board May 26 advanced a proposal that would alter its current rule restricting whip use by jockeys riding Thoroughbreds.
The transition to California's new whip rule appeared seamless on the first racing day under the mandate July 2 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
A top jockey has handed in his racing license in protest of British horse racing's new whip rules, after incurring two bans in the first week of their implementation.
Most Popular Stories
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017