The California Horse Racing Board May 26 advanced a proposal that would alter its current rule restricting whip use by jockeys riding Thoroughbreds.
The transition to California's new whip rule appeared seamless on the first racing day under the mandate July 2 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
A top jockey has handed in his racing license in protest of British horse racing's new whip rules, after incurring two bans in the first week of their implementation.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win