The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society honored its 2010 Ontario-bred champions June 4 at its 29th annual awards ceremony held at Copper Creek Golf Club near Toronto.
The Ontario-bred champions of 2009 were honored June 12 at the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society annual awards at Copper Creek Golf Club near Kleinburg, Ontario.
Bold Executive is the leading recipient of Ontario's 2009 stallion awards. CTHS (Ontario Division) awarded a total of $400,000 to the province's eligible stallions.
Four days after the selected session of Canadian-bred yearlings realized a small dip in average price, the preferred session boasted a 3% increase in average price despite large hikes in yearlings not sold and a drop in median price.
Stakes winner Where's the Ring's first winner scored June 14 at Woodbine.
Where's the Ring, a son of leading sire Seeking the Gold, will stand the 2005 season at Gardiner Farms, near Caledon East, Ontario. His 2005 fee will be $3,500 (Canadian Funds).
Fast early, Robert L. Cole Jr.'s 7-5 favorite Shake You Down opened up a big lead in the stretch and held off a willing Where's the Ring in the closing yards to win the $150,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap (gr. III) by a head at Oaklawn Park Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm