Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
The first round of nominations to the 2003 Dubai World Cup closed Nov. 13 with 810 runners representing 23 countries being nominated to the seven races. The 2003 World Cup will be held March 29 at Nad Al Sheba.
Where or When beat favorite Hawk Wing by two lengths Saturday to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury