Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
The first round of nominations to the 2003 Dubai World Cup closed Nov. 13 with 810 runners representing 23 countries being nominated to the seven races. The 2003 World Cup will be held March 29 at Nad Al Sheba.
Where or When beat favorite Hawk Wing by two lengths Saturday to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan