Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
The first round of nominations to the 2003 Dubai World Cup closed Nov. 13 with 810 runners representing 23 countries being nominated to the seven races. The 2003 World Cup will be held March 29 at Nad Al Sheba.
Where or When beat favorite Hawk Wing by two lengths Saturday to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance