Bidding for his second group I victory of the season, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Hawk Wing faces 10 foes in the Queen Anne Stakes Tuesday, opening day at Royal Ascot.
Hawk Wing, often maligned for not quite getting the job done, took a big step toward dispelling that perception with a powerful 11-length romp in Saturday's Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newbury.
The first round of nominations to the 2003 Dubai World Cup closed Nov. 13 with 810 runners representing 23 countries being nominated to the seven races. The 2003 World Cup will be held March 29 at Nad Al Sheba.
Where or When beat favorite Hawk Wing by two lengths Saturday to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Ocean Knight Undefeated in Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West