Stakes winner Wheelaway was represented by his first winner when his daughter Twistaway won Oct. 9 at six furlongs at Belmont Park.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ended its two-night run Monday in Saratoga Springs with a healthy increase in its median price that pushed the figure to its highest level ever. But there were declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale records.
Wheelaway, winner of the 2000 Tampa Bay Derby, has been retired from racing will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds in upstate New York. His stud fee for 2003 is set at $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- U.S. Pari-Mutuel Handle Down Slightly in June
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny