Stakes winner Wheelaway was represented by his first winner when his daughter Twistaway won Oct. 9 at six furlongs at Belmont Park.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ended its two-night run Monday in Saratoga Springs with a healthy increase in its median price that pushed the figure to its highest level ever. But there were declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale records.
Wheelaway, winner of the 2000 Tampa Bay Derby, has been retired from racing will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds in upstate New York. His stud fee for 2003 is set at $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic