Stakes winner Wheelaway was represented by his first winner when his daughter Twistaway won Oct. 9 at six furlongs at Belmont Park.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ended its two-night run Monday in Saratoga Springs with a healthy increase in its median price that pushed the figure to its highest level ever. But there were declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale records.
Wheelaway, winner of the 2000 Tampa Bay Derby, has been retired from racing will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds in upstate New York. His stud fee for 2003 is set at $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence