Stakes winner Wheelaway was represented by his first winner when his daughter Twistaway won Oct. 9 at six furlongs at Belmont Park.
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred yearling sale ended its two-night run Monday in Saratoga Springs with a healthy increase in its median price that pushed the figure to its highest level ever. But there were declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale records.
Wheelaway, winner of the 2000 Tampa Bay Derby, has been retired from racing will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds in upstate New York. His stud fee for 2003 is set at $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis