Premiere Radio Networks will deliver the exclusive radio call of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) from Belmont Park. The one-hour and fifteen-minute broadcast will begin at 6 p.m. EDT with post time scheduled for 6:40.
The Imus Ranch, a retreat for children fighting cancer, is $123,000 richer thanks to a National Thoroughbred Racing Association promotion in which Don Imus, the popular host of WFAN's nationally syndicated "Imus in the Morning" program, wagers $10,000 on each race in the VISA Triple Crown.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, NetJets and New York radio station WFAN have teamed up on an initiative to benefit the Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer.
WFAN radio sports personality Mike Francesa said on Thursday's syndicated "Imus in the Morning" show that the National Thoroughbred Racing Association has offered Francesa $80,000 in charity wagers for the Oct. 27 Breeders' Cup--$10,000 for each of the eight championship races -- similar to the promotion that the NTRA worked out with Imus and Francesa for the Preakness and Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green