Premiere Radio Networks will deliver the exclusive radio call of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) from Belmont Park. The one-hour and fifteen-minute broadcast will begin at 6 p.m. EDT with post time scheduled for 6:40.
The Imus Ranch, a retreat for children fighting cancer, is $123,000 richer thanks to a National Thoroughbred Racing Association promotion in which Don Imus, the popular host of WFAN's nationally syndicated "Imus in the Morning" program, wagers $10,000 on each race in the VISA Triple Crown.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, NetJets and New York radio station WFAN have teamed up on an initiative to benefit the Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer.
WFAN radio sports personality Mike Francesa said on Thursday's syndicated "Imus in the Morning" show that the National Thoroughbred Racing Association has offered Francesa $80,000 in charity wagers for the Oct. 27 Breeders' Cup--$10,000 for each of the eight championship races -- similar to the promotion that the NTRA worked out with Imus and Francesa for the Preakness and Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Breeders' Cup Fantasy Game Returns for 2015
- Virginia Defining Horsemen's Group Criteria
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Named in Case
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli