Three-time stakes winner J P's Gusto heads a field of 11 juveniles entered for the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 8, the closing day of the popular 37-day summer meet.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela earned his first California stakes victory since the fall of 2007 when he guided J P's Gusto to a front-running half-length win in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 8.
Patrick Valenzuela, a five-time champion at Del Mar but riding at the seashore for the first time in three years, will ride 2-1 morning line favorite J P's Gusto in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 8.
J P's Gusto, the odds-on winner of the July 5 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III), will take the next step on his life's journey Aug. 8 at Del Mar in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II).
The grade III Hollywood Juvenile Champion is the son of Successful Appeal's second stakes win in three starts.
J P's Gusto, who earned his maiden victory in the Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes, tops a field of eight 2-year-olds in the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 5 on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile