Three-time stakes winner J P's Gusto heads a field of 11 juveniles entered for the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 8, the closing day of the popular 37-day summer meet.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela earned his first California stakes victory since the fall of 2007 when he guided J P's Gusto to a front-running half-length win in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 8.
Patrick Valenzuela, a five-time champion at Del Mar but riding at the seashore for the first time in three years, will ride 2-1 morning line favorite J P's Gusto in the $150,000 Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 8.
J P's Gusto, the odds-on winner of the July 5 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III), will take the next step on his life's journey Aug. 8 at Del Mar in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II).
The grade III Hollywood Juvenile Champion is the son of Successful Appeal's second stakes win in three starts.
J P's Gusto, who earned his maiden victory in the Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes, tops a field of eight 2-year-olds in the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) July 5 on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic