California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
The first juvenile race of 2003 in Southern California was Thursday's first heat at Santa Anita, a two-furlong dash on the dirt won by John Brocklebank's Rockin' the Ship.
Trainer Jay Robbins hopes to end 2002 with a bang when he sends out Tizalovelylady as a supplementary entry in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles Saturday.
Stakes winner Western Fame's first winner, Little Bit Western, won a two-furlong maiden race March 28 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field