California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
The first juvenile race of 2003 in Southern California was Thursday's first heat at Santa Anita, a two-furlong dash on the dirt won by John Brocklebank's Rockin' the Ship.
Trainer Jay Robbins hopes to end 2002 with a bang when he sends out Tizalovelylady as a supplementary entry in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles Saturday.
Stakes winner Western Fame's first winner, Little Bit Western, won a two-furlong maiden race March 28 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory