California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
The first juvenile race of 2003 in Southern California was Thursday's first heat at Santa Anita, a two-furlong dash on the dirt won by John Brocklebank's Rockin' the Ship.
Trainer Jay Robbins hopes to end 2002 with a bang when he sends out Tizalovelylady as a supplementary entry in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles Saturday.
Stakes winner Western Fame's first winner, Little Bit Western, won a two-furlong maiden race March 28 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner