California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
The first juvenile race of 2003 in Southern California was Thursday's first heat at Santa Anita, a two-furlong dash on the dirt won by John Brocklebank's Rockin' the Ship.
Trainer Jay Robbins hopes to end 2002 with a bang when he sends out Tizalovelylady as a supplementary entry in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles Saturday.
Stakes winner Western Fame's first winner, Little Bit Western, won a two-furlong maiden race March 28 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement