California-bred Stellar Magic collared 7-10 favorite Texcess in mid-stretch and rolled to a 1 1/2-length victory in the San Mateo Mile for 3-year-olds at Bay Meadows Saturday.
The first juvenile race of 2003 in Southern California was Thursday's first heat at Santa Anita, a two-furlong dash on the dirt won by John Brocklebank's Rockin' the Ship.
Trainer Jay Robbins hopes to end 2002 with a bang when he sends out Tizalovelylady as a supplementary entry in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles Saturday.
Stakes winner Western Fame's first winner, Little Bit Western, won a two-furlong maiden race March 28 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet