Grade I stakes-placed Western Expression will stand in 2012 at Bill Kirton's Kirton Farms near Turpin, Okla.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo came flying down the stretch and ran down longtime leader Julia Tuttle in the final strides to take the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) in thrilling fashion July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
- By Claire Novak
Trainer Gary Contessa has been fined $1,000 and suspended seven days for the finding of the drug Phenylbutazone in post race samples taken from his starter Sheer Silk.
Western Expression, who stands for $10,000 at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., was represented by his first winner when his son Winning Expression won May 6 at Belmont Park.
Grade I stakes-placed Western Expression will enter stud at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., for a fee of $10,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms