Grade I stakes-placed Western Expression will stand in 2012 at Bill Kirton's Kirton Farms near Turpin, Okla.
Flying Zee Stable's homebred I Lost My Choo came flying down the stretch and ran down longtime leader Julia Tuttle in the final strides to take the $200,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) in thrilling fashion July 19 on the Colonial Downs turf.
- By Claire Novak
Trainer Gary Contessa has been fined $1,000 and suspended seven days for the finding of the drug Phenylbutazone in post race samples taken from his starter Sheer Silk.
Western Expression, who stands for $10,000 at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., was represented by his first winner when his son Winning Expression won May 6 at Belmont Park.
Grade I stakes-placed Western Expression will enter stud at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y., for a fee of $10,000 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture