Seattle Borders, making his first start for Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel, wore down Stalking Tiger in the closing stages and notched a one-length victory in the $113,350 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Santa Anita Park.
Stakes winner Western Borders will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse